NEW SCHOOL SPIRIT WEAR:
Please click here to view/download the order form: St. Edward order form 2
We have decided to try something a little different this year with our school clothing, and will be offering a few different items. We are continuing to build our school spirit and sense of pride. This is just one way in which students, staff and parents can feel a part of the school community.
Please see the attached order form. We’re offering youth and adult sizes.
Parents may wish to show their school spirit and pride as well.
Students have already shown a huge interest in these new clothing items.
We are not making any profit as we are selling them at our cost.
If you would like to order an item as a Christmas gift, and would like us to keep it for you to pick up, please indicate this on the order form and we will keep your order in the office to be picked up at the Christmas Concert – December 19th. We will have samples available for sizing sometime in the next week and during the evening of the Parent-Teacher Interviews.
Orders are due by November 30th. No late orders can be accepted.
You may wish to put a name on the T-shirts or Sweatshirts ($10 extra—see order form for more details). We are encouraging the use of LAST names. Using first names can be a safety concern because everyone who sees your child wearing it will know his/her name. Also, if you use last names, the Spirit Wear may be handed down to a younger sibling.
We encourage everyone to consider this opportunity. The prices we have with this company are very good and having it at this time of year means you can purchase it as a Christmas gift.
Kindergarten registration is now underway!
St. Edward Catholic School is now accepting registrations for Kindergarten beginning this September (2020)! We invite parents to visit the school our during Kindergarten Open House on January 15 from 5:30-6:30 pm. Please visit the CDSBEO website registration page at http://www.cdsbeo.on.ca/students-parents/registration/ for information on how to register your child. We look forward to welcoming your child to Kindergarten!
Illness: Please phone if your child is absent!
Be sure to Wash your hands regularly and to use hand sanitizer!
How do I know if my child has influenza?
The usual symptoms for flu are fever (greater than 38°C), chills, headache, muscle and joint aches, extreme fatigue, cough, sore throat and loss of appetite. Children may have different flu symptoms than adults. Flu symptoms can also be different between children because of age and other factors. Children may also experience diarrhea, vomiting, stomach pain, earaches and red eyes. Sometimes children with the flu will not have a fever. What do I do if my child has influenza?
- Try to keep your child comfortable.
- Offer fluids and small, nutritious snacks often
- Encourage and allow child to get plenty of rest
- Treat your child’s symptoms, wash hands with soap and water and use hand sanitizer.
- Fever – dress in lightweight clothing, offer cool fluids, give lukewarm sponge or tub baths, give acetaminophen or ibuprofen for fever in the dose recommended on the package
- Sore throat – have child gargle with warm water
- Stuffy nose – use salt water nose drops
- Keep your child at home from school, sports, social clubs etc. – your child may return to school and other activities when a fever has been absent for at least 24 hours (with no over the counter medications) and the child is feeling well enough to participate in regular activities. A lingering cough is normal.